You’ve set your goals for 2018 and your engines are fired up and ready to go! This year you will finally achieve your new year’s resolutions! After all, it’s a “new year and a new you,” right?! If you sense a little hesitation in your enthusiasm because you’ve had trouble sticking to your resolutions in year’s past, then keep reading. Would you believe us if we told you there’s probably an “app for that”? In addition to eating your black-eyed peas and greens for good luck on New Year’s Day, download these apps to help guide you through the year so you can tackle your new year’s resolutions.
- Lose Weight: One of the most common and popular resolutions, to lose weight, can start to feel mundane every year when you try and try again. Here’s a tip: set your goal to lose weight for a specific reason, for example, “I want to lose weight to fit into my favorite pair of jeans.” Next, send in reinforcements using apps to help keep you motivated. If you’re goal is to run more, the Zombies, Run app can help you start off on the right foot with a game that encourages you to run different speeds during various increments. Set your mission and let the zombies chase you! However, if the horror in running isn’t your thing, don’t worry! MyFitnessPal, Map My Run or Nike+ Training Club are all FREE and can help you by tracking your workouts and diet.
- Save More Money: Although paying off your debt and saving more than you spend may sound simple enough, in order to be successful you have to track what’s going in and out of your bank account. Stay on budget by plugging in your basic information into the app Mint. It’ll hold you “accountable” for all of your spending and let you know how much you’re saving.
- Get a Better Job: Do what you LOVE. Life is short, create your own path! Apps like LinkedIn let you see, apply and connect to employers and colleagues. Need to polish that resume first? Depending on weather you have an iPhone or an Android, there are different apps such as Resume Star online and My Resume Builder to help you update your resume. You can also apply to jobs through the Monster jobs app.
- Quit one bad habit: Bad habits are hard to quit, but not impossible to break. If you’ve ever tried quitting smoking, drinking less, or nail biting, but haven’t had any success, then maybe it’s time to get an app for that! Instead, try getting addicted to the app HabitBull and start making it your “habit.” It’s a tool that motivates you to set and smash through your goals! Get back on track with positive habits like fitness, meditation or reading. Keep track of your success in the palm of your hand. We dare you to try it! Let us know your thoughts in our comments section!
- Make sure your auto insurance payments and coverage is current: Don’t let your policy lapse or get bogged down with late payments! Start the year off right by protecting you and your family with auto insurance. Need help affording coverage? For a limited time, Direct Auto insurance is offering low down payments. For more information check out our Direct Connect blog about our tiny down payments HERE. Get the coverage you need, the services you want, and the respect you deserve regardless of your driving history. Call 1-877-GO-DIRECT (1-877-463-4732) or visit www.directauto.com for a free quote now!