It’s never fun to spend money on routine maintenance or repairs for your vehicle, so why pay for services you can get for free? That’s right, you might actually be able to take advantage of free car repairs and services at the following places. So before you break open your piggy bank, keep reading to see how you can save money and keep your car running like a well-oiled machine.
AutoZone provides many free in-store services as well as a wealth of online support for all of your car needs. Find a store near you to take advantage of:
- Free testing. They’ll test your car’s battery, alternator, starter, and more for free. When you know exactly what’s wrong with your car, you won’t have to buy a part you don’t need.
- Free battery charging. Accidentally left your lights on all night? Take your battery to AutoZone. They can charge a 12-volt battery in about 30 minutes and also offer overnight battery charging for 6 or 12-volt lawn, motorcycle, and marine batteries.
- Free oil and battery recycling. Some auto repair shops will charge you a fee to dispose of your old motor oil or batteries. AutoZone will actually give you credits if you bring them your used oil and old batteries. Score!
- Free repair tools. If you have the skills to repair your car on your own, you can easily get the specialty tools you need for free through AutoZone’s Loan-A-Tool® service. They offer an extensive selection of seldom-used, expensive-to-own tools that can help you get the job done, just leave a deposit at the store when you pick up the tool. Your deposit is refunded when you return the tool.
You can make an appointment at your local Pep Boys for several free services. Here’s what you can enjoy at no cost to you.
- Free code retrieval. Is your check engine light on? It could mean a major repair, or it could be as simple as a loose gas cap. A Pep Boys technician will scan your car’s computer board, document the diagnostic trouble code along with a description of the problem, and give you an estimated cost for repair.
- Free brake inspection. Pep Boys will help you determine whether or not you need brake service, or a brake component replaced.
- Free windshield wiper installation. Purchase new wipers at Pep Boys and they’ll install them for free, right in the parking lot!
- Free tire rotation. Pep Boys will rotate your tires for free with any scheduled service. So, if you need your oil changed or your air filter replaced, make sure to take advantage of this free offering.
Advance Auto Parts
Like Pep Boys and AutoZone, most Advance Auto Parts locations offer similar free services that include battery installation, testing, and recycling. Find your local Advance Auto Parts store to get savings on your necessary maintenance.
Discount Tire stores will check your tires’ air pressure regardless of where you bought them. If you bought tires from Discount Tire, they’ll rotate and balance them for you (at no additional charge) for the entire life of the tires! Talk about a good deal! Find your local Discount Tire to take advantage of these services.
Need an oil change, major repair service, or a set of new tires? Sometimes the places above (and others like them), offer special promos for free or discounted services. Keep an eye out for coupons and special deals.
Know what else is free? An auto insurance quote from Direct Auto! Just give us a call, stop by one of our stores, or visit our website to see how much you can save! Also, for some additional peace of mind, you could consider purchasing roadside assistance. You’ll be thankful you bought it after just one dead battery or jumpstart!