At Direct Auto, we’re all about putting YOU in the driver’s seat. From our flexible payment options to our customizable coverages, we want to make it easy for drivers like you to get and stay insured.
That’s why we always offer low down payments, and SUPER low down payments for a limited time during certain times of the year. With Direct, YOU pick your down payment amount to get covered fast and determine your monthly cost for car insurance. Click here to get your free quote!
What is a down payment?
A down payment is a portion of the purchase price that you pay upfront as part of a loan or payment plan for things that are typically too expensive to buy outright, like a house or car. But did you know insurance companies offer payment plans too? That’s right! You could start your auto insurance coverage with just a down payment!
When you purchase an auto insurance policy with Direct, you have the option to pay your policy in full or in installments – usually in the form of a monthly payment.
If paying in full for a policy up front doesn’t fit your budget, you could secure the coverage you need quickly by setting up a monthly pay plan with a low down payment. You’ll enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing you’re legal and protected.
Keep in mind that your car insurance down payment amount determines the rest of your monthly payments. So, the higher your down payment, the lower your monthly payments, and vice versa.
Can you get car insurance without a down payment?
Unless you pay for your policy in full, you can’t get car insurance without making some kind of payment up front. If you haven’t made a payment, you haven’t purchased the policy. That means you won’t have the coverage you need.
Basically, you aren’t protected until you’ve made a payment – either in the form of your first monthly payment or low down payment.
How much is a down payment?
At Direct, we offer super low down payment options during certain times of the year, some as low as $35* depending on your state. Even during the rest of the year, you can still find low down payments at Direct. Down payments vary depending on a few different factors, including your:
- Vehicle (older vehicles have a better chance at being eligible for low down payment auto insurance because they cost less to insure)
- Insurance carrier’s guidelines
- Driving history (drivers who need to file an SR22 or FR44 may be required to make a higher down payment)
- Credit history (drivers with not-so-great credit may be required to make a higher down payment)
Your payment, your way
Auto insurance might be a necessary expense, but it doesn’t have to put a strain on your budget. At Direct, we put YOU in charge so you can take control of your finances.
- YOU choose your monthly amount. Decide how much you want to put down to determine your monthly payment. The more you put down, the lower your monthly payments.
- YOU pick your payment date. Review your budget and choose the time of the month that works best with your financial schedule.
- YOU pay how you want to pay. Pay with credit/debit card or e-check online or over the phone, or with cash in-person at your local Direct Auto.
How to make a down payment
There are so many ways to make your low down payment – plus the payments you make after that! Which convenient payment option will you choose?
- Credit or debit card
- Electronic check
- Cash (in-person only)
- Auto-pay with a credit or debit card
Take advantage of a low down payment with Direct Auto today to get the car insurance coverage you need fast with instant proof of insurance. Just call 1-877-GO-DIRECT (1-877-463-4732), click, or come into a Direct location near you to get started.
Rates and savings, if any, vary. Down payments vary based on coverage, pay plan, and state minimums. Certain states have coverage requirements. Terms and conditions apply. Not available in all locations. Lower down payment does not equal premium savings. Fees may apply. How you buy can affect price. Produced by Direct Auto Insurance for affiliate insurers in the National General Group, Winston-Salem, NC.