How to Make a Smartphone Mount Using a Rubber Band
All around the nation, laws vary on cell phone use while driving, but the general trend is clear. More and more states are passing hands-free legislation to help eliminate distracted driving. One of the easiest ways to comply as a driver is to use a smartphone mount affixed to the dashboard. If you don’t already own one of these brilliant devices, we’ve got great news for you. You can make one on your own, and you can probably do it for free! All you need is a rubber band!
Rubber Band Smartphone Mount in 3 Easy Steps
To create the mount, grab your rubber band, have your phone handy, and sit down in the driver’s seat
- Insert the rubber band through the top part of the air conditioning vent to the right of your steering wheel.
- Pull that same end of the rubber band around one of the plastic pieces running horizontally across the AC vent, giving you two distinct loops.
- Insert your phone into the loops, where it should be neatly held in place.
If you have issues with the phone staying mounted or the loops being too tight, you might need to try a smaller or larger rubber band. You can also try running the rubber band around a different number of plastic pieces in the vent until you get your phone fastened securely.
Other Car Hacks
On the hunt for other handy hacks you can use to save yourself time and money? Check out one of these other blogs!
- How to Tell if You Need New Tires
- 7 Handy Household Items Turned Winter Car Hacks
- 5 Car Cleaning Hacks to Keep Your Ride Neat & Tidy
Want one final hack? If you’ve been searching for a car insurance policy you can count on for a price you can afford, Direct Auto Insurance is here to help! Give us a call or stop by one of our many locations!