During the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), Medicare beneficiaries can add, drop, or change parts of their Medicare health care plans and prescription drug coverage for the following year to better meet their needs. Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) runs from October 15th to December 7th each year. Changes made during this period go into effect on January 1st of the following year.
During AEP, Medicare beneficiaries can:
- Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage.
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- Switch from one Medicare drug plan to another Medicare drug plan.
- Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely.
Discover which Medicare option is right for you. Learn more today and let our friends at Medicare.org help you compare, buy, and enroll in the right Medicare health insurance plan at the right price. Call 1-844-961-9453 – TTY 711 to speak with a licensed agent and visit Medicare.org to get a quick quote and see side-by-side comparisons for Medicare Advantage (Part C) and Medicare Prescription Drug (Part D) plans.
*Medicare.org is a non-government site and is operated by HealthCompare Insurance Services, a licensed health insurance agency certified to sell Medicare products. It contains information about and access to insurance plans for Medicare beneficiaries, individuals soon eligible for Medicare and those advising on behalf of Medicare beneficiaries. Medicare.org is not endorsed by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), or any other government agency. If you’re looking for the government’s Medicare site, please navigate to www.medicare.gov. HealthCompare Insurance Services, Inc. is a licensed and certified representative of Medicare Advantage HMO, PPO and PFFS organizations and Medicare Prescription Drug plans with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in any plan depends on contract renewal. The purpose of this communication is the solicitation of insurance. Contact will be made by an insurance agent/producer or insurance company. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, premium and/or copayments/coinsurance may change on January 1, of each year. The plans we represent do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Standard call center hours of operation are Monday – Friday 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PT. During Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), extended hours are Monday – Saturday 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. PT.