Pack up those sweaters and get outdoors for good! If you’re looking to enjoy the real Music City this spring, you’ve come to the right place. With magnolias in bloom and music pouring onto every sun-soaked street, springtime just might be Nashville’s best hidden gem. With so many parks, museums, musicians, and festivals to choose from, the city offers everything you and your family need to make this spring a season to remember. So what are you waiting for? Let’s explore!
- When? January 10 – May 23 (Tuesdays 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.)
- What? Nothing says springtime like blue skies and fields of beautiful flowers. Through Cheekwood’s seasonal art program, you and your kids can even take part in creating some of these blooms! Stop by the Frist Learning Center on a Tuesday morning to get crafty with your budding young artist.
#2: Music City Irish Fest – FREE
- When? March 1 – 17
- What? Every March, Nashville pays homage to its sister city of Belfast, Ireland by painting the town green. From free storytelling events to live hurling demonstrations, there are family-friendly celebrations throughout the city during these two weeks of authentic Irish events.
Psst! When you’re making your game plan for St. Patrick’s Day, make sure you plan your ride home, too. Check out 6 Ways to Get Home Safely on St. Patrick’s Day in Nashville.
#3: Free Hike Day – FREE
- When? March 11, April 8, May 13 (1-3 p.m.)
- What? Lace up those hiking boots and get ready to explore the great outdoors. Your winter blues won’t stand a chance on a guided hike around Owl’s Hill Nature Sanctuary!
#4: Music in the Vines – FREE
- When? April (Saturdays 5-9 p.m.) – December (Friday/Saturday 5-9 p.m. and Sundays 2-6 p.m.)
- What? Can you think of a better way to wind down on the weekend than with live jazz and a glass of wine from local treasure Arrington Vineyards? Families are welcome. Pack a picnic and let the kids run up and down the vineyard’s massive lawn as you relax to the smooth sounds of a live band.
#5: Edgehill Rocks – FREE
- When? April 1 (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- What? Nope, this one’s no April Fool’s joke! Mozy on over to Edgehill Village for a day full of beautiful art, delicious treats, and some of the best local music Nashville has to offer. Proceeds benefit community partner ONE, so no need to feel guilty about scarfing down an extra ice cream cone!
#6: Nashville Cherry Blossom Festival – FREE
- When? April 8 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- What? Get ready to experience a whole new side of Nashville at this annual festival. With events ranging from the Pups in Pink parade to sumo wrestling, Nashville’s Annual Cherry Blossom is a fun, family-friendly celebration of spring and Japanese culture.
#7: Main Street Jazz Fest – FREE
- When? May 6 – 7
- What? Want great jazz without trekking to New Orleans or New York? Look no further than Murfreesboro’s Downtown Square where you’ll be able to experience smooth performances from incredible musicians such as Annie Sellick and trumpet icon Terell Stafford.
#8: Nashville’s Spring Fair– FREE gate admission for kids
- When? May 12 – 17
- What? There’s no better excuse to whoop with joy and stuff yourself with funnel cake than a trip to the fair. With rides like the “Carousilly” and the “Dizzy Dragon,” who wouldn’t have a good time?
What do you and your family love most about springtime in Music City? Mark these events on your calendar and let us know where you’ll be headed in a comment below!