Direct Auto is celebrating a major milestone this month: We’re turning 30!
Can you believe it’s been three decades already? On such a monumental birthday, we can’t help but look back at all of our favorite adventures and accomplishments, celebrate where we are now, and look ahead to the future.
Where We’ve Been & What We’ve Done
To get the party started, we’re reminiscing about some of the highlights along the way. In 1991, Direct Auto was founded in Nashville, Tennessee, with the goal of providing affordable auto insurance to drivers, regardless of their past. The rest, as they say, is history. Over the last 30 years we have:
- Expanded across 13 states and added more than 450 locations to better serve you in your neighborhood for your local insurance needs.
- Added new types of coverages and products, like roadside assistance, renters insurance, and commercial auto, to ensure we offer what you need to be protected.
- Gone from selling policies exclusively in-person to offering them over the phone and online.
- Given away TVs, turkey dinners, gift cards, giant stuffed stockings, cars, and more.
- Given back by partnering with local non-profits and Feeding America and by donating to charitable organizations.
- Offered credits to policyholders during the COVID-19 pandemic to provide support during a tough time.
Where We Stand Today
30 years is a long time and a lot has changed since the days before the internet, but one thing has remained the same:
Our commitment to serving you.
We would never have made it this many years without you trusting us to help protect your family from bumps in the road, and we’re forever thankful. It’s why we come to work each day, from the friendly local agents to our writers sharing insurance guidance, money-saving tips, and methods to make your car last longer. We’re always looking for ways to save you money, provide the best services possible, and make your life a little easier so that you can keep driving from adventure to adventure.