When’s the last time you told your mom, dad, or grandparent how much you appreciated them? It can be easy to take our family members for granted sometimes. When you tell your family how thankful you are for all that they do, you’ll make their day…and maybe yours too. Happiness is contagious!
- Write them a letter that expresses your gratitude and highlights a particular situation they helped you get through.
- Fill a jar or shoebox with paper hearts or smileys. On each cutout, write something that is special about your parent or family member. Give him or her the box and tell them to pull out a note whenever they’re feeling blue or need to be reminded how loved they are!
- Surprise your parents by cleaning their house.
- Cook dinner and clean up afterwards.
- Next time you borrow their car, bring it back with a full tank of gas, regardless of how far you drove it.
- If you live farther away from your parents, make it a point to call them each week. They’ll appreciate hearing your voice.
- Mail them a care package of their favorite childhood candies and snacks.
- Be their personal chauffeur for a day. Don’t forget to open their door for them!
- Send a sweet article or story to a parent that reminds you of a good memory with them.
- Say “I love you” first.
What have you done to show your family members that you care? Share your stories with Direct below or by tagging @DirectAutoIns in your Facebook and Twitter posts!