- 1 green plantain
- 3 cups water (cold)
- 5 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Peel the plain and slice into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Place the plantain pieces in the skillet and fry evenly on broth sides (about 3.5 minutes on both sides).
- Remove the plantain pieces from the pan with a fork. Place them on a tray and flatten them by pressing down on them with a plate.
- Dip the pieces in water, then return them to the hot oil and fry for an additional minute on each side.
- Remove them with a fork and place on tray. Add salt to taste and serve.
Adapted from allrecipes.com
*Material in these articles is for general information or entertainment purposes only. Direct General does not endorse and is not affiliated with any of the companies or apps listed in this article. Direct General is not responsible or liable for the availability of links to websites or resources, or for any content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available through these websites or resources. Any references to third party rates or products are subject to change without notice. Trademarks are property of their respective owners.