What could be better than spending a sunny Sunday afternoon having a good old fashioned picnic? We’ve compiled a list of some of the greatest parks in the Southeast to have a picnic. From the banks of the Mississippi River to the white sandy beaches of Miami, there are tons of neat spots to throw down your blanket and take in the sights.
Have you picnicked at any of these? Let us know in the comments below!
- Vulcan Park – Birmingham, AL
- Gulf State Park – Gulf Shores, AL
- Murray Park – Little Rock, AR
- Oleta River State Park – Biscayne Bay, Miami, FL
- Hollis Garden – Lakeland, FL
- Fort De Soto Park – Tierra Verde, FL
- Stone Mountain Park – Stone Mountain, GA
- Piedmont Park – Atlanta, GA
- Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park – Kennesaw, GA
- Grand Isle State Park – Grand Isle, LA
- Lake D’Arbonne State – Farmerville, LA
- Natchez State Park – Natchez, MS
- Paul B. Johnson State Park – Hattiesburg, MS
- Hanging Rock State Park – Danbury, NC
- Cape Lookout National Seashore – Harkers Island, NC
- Hunting Island State Park – Beaufort, SC
- Aiken State Park – Windsor, SC
- Centennial Park – Nashville, TN
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park – Gatlinburg, TN
- Mississippi River Greenbelt Park – Memphis, TN
- Pace Bend Park – Spicewood, TX
- Beverly S. Sheffield Zilker Hillside Theater – Austin, TX
- Mustang Island State Park – Port Aransas, TX
- Hungry Mother State Park – Marion, VA
- Mount Trashmore Park – Virginia Beach, VA
25 Parks for 25 Years!
Did you know Direct Auto Insurance is celebrating 25 years of providing low rates and great services for our customers, regardless of their driving history? Learn more.
*Material in these articles is for general information or entertainment purposes only. Direct General does not endorse and is not affiliated with any of the companies or apps listed above. Direct General is not responsible or liable for the availability of links to websites or resources, or for any content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available through these websites or resources. Any references to third party rates or products are subject to change without notice. Trademarks are property of their respective owners.